[Kroupware] Compile error kdenetwork-rc4

Rene Ouderling m.n.e.ouderling at rent-it-professionals.nl
Fri Jul 11 01:11:31 CEST 2003

Op donderdag 10 juli 2003 09:35, schreef Bo Thorsen:
> On Wednesday 09 July 2003 23:37, Rene Ouderling wrote:
> > Op woensdag 09 juli 2003 23:19, schreef Dieter Kluenter:
> > > Hi,

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > [...]
> > > arts and arts-devel are missing.
> > >
> > > -Dieter
> >
> > Thnx Dieter,
> >
> > My mistake I did a cut and paste from the output of 'rpm -qa | grep
> > kde' that's why arts and arts-devel are not mentioned, but they are
> > also installed. So that can't be the problem.
>
> It does indeed look like the installed devel packages are correct. I do
> not understand why it doesn't work.
>
> But, since you are evaluating kroupware for the groupware stuff, I have a
> potential workaround for you: Just disable compilation of kget. There are
> two ways to do this. Either edit the file "Makefile" and remove kget from
> topsubdirs. Or rerun configure like this:
>
> DO_NOT_COMPILE="kget" configure...
>
> If you have more stuff you don't want compiled, the DO_NOT_COMPILE
> variable is a space separated list of subdirs that will not be built. If
> the problem is that kget needs a KDE 3.1.1 (and you have only 3.1.0), I
> would like to know this for documentation. If your problem is some
> installation problem, you will see a lot more compile errors.
>
> Another thing you can do - at least for evaluation - is to compile KDE
> from source.
>
> One remark: I'm leaving for Linux Tag in a couple of hours, and I don't
> know how my internet connectivity will be down there, so it might take
> days before I can answer again.
>
> I hope you get this running,
>
> Bo.

Bo,

Thnx for your reaction and don't excuse yourself for not to be able to respond
immediatly. (Think you are all doing a great job). I also have a little bit
of a time problem but this weekend I'm able to carry out your above mentioned
instructions.  I'll keep you informed
--
Mvg/Kind regards

Rent IT-Professionals