[Kroupware] How to change the manager password?

Wim Bakker wim at unetix.nl
Thu Jul 10 18:19:56 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 19:42, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> You need to change the password of the manager object in Kolab.
> This can be done easily with something like GC or Ldapbrowser.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan

Hai,

ldapbrowser doesn't exist , but ldapsearch does however
just as ldappasswd but that gives me the following error:
---------------------
ldappasswd  -A manager
Old password:
Re-enter old password:
Result: Strong(er) authentication required (8)
Additional info: only authenticated users may change passwords
On the prompt I filled in the old password.

ldapsearch only returns :

No such object (32)

So it seems I'm stuck with recompiling everything , deleting the
whole kolab tree and choosing a password that hopefully doesn't
generate errors in the scripts from kolab.

Greetings Wim Bakker