[Kroupware] Install of server problems

Dick Kniep D.J.Kniep at chello.nl
Tue Jul 8 19:44:46 CEST 2003

Hi list,

I am trying to install the standard version 1.0 server for Kolab.
However, the QIM seems to be outdated, or there is something else wrong.

In the QIM the command to build db (and openldap and proftpd....)
involves a direct download:

/kolab/bin/rpm --rebuild \
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/server/kolab/kolab-1.0/src/db-4.1.25.1-20030605_kolab.src.rpm

When I type this, it can't find the package. (This seems logical to me,
because the name of the package is wrong) the name should be:

db-4.1.25.1-20030605.src.rpm (so without kolab)

I thought I made a mistake, so instead of building according to the QIM
I downloaded the package and tried with

/kolab/bin/rpm --rebuild db-4.1.25.1-20030605.src.rpm

Still no luck. The package is built, but is not installed properly, or
at least, rpm -q db tells me it is not installed. (I see no real errors
in the build)

What's going on???? A few months ago, I built the beta version without
any problems at all with the provided build script. That's disappeared
too

Hope someone can help me

Kind regards,
D.Kniep