[Kroupware] Gentoo Linux and Kolab Server Environment

Holger Schroeder holger-kde at holgis.net
Mon Jul 7 18:00:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

once i was looking into this too, but somehow i gave it up to teach the gentoo
system to use openpkg to build stuff.
i ended up writing the build-kolab.sh script.

the only things you have to take care of, when you try to get this running
"natively" on gentoo, is the following:

you should read the spec files that openpkg uses to compile the packages.
there you can find out, which patches the kroupware guys are applying to the
original packages. these are only very few.

the second is, that you have to review the kolab part itself ( the program,
that configures all the other programs ). it still had some hardcoded paths
to files, which would have to be adapted to work on a gentoo system.

so mainly this is doable, but i messed it up when i tried to get sasl running,
and then i lost interest for that, as i didn't have so much time any more...

Holger