[Kroupware] Upgrade problem

Wim Bakker wim at unetix.nl
Fri Jul 4 18:20:53 CEST 2003

On Friday 04 July 2003 16:21, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Freitag, 4. Juli 2003 16:00 schrieb Wim Bakker:
>
> Hi,
>
> > [Fri Jul  4 15:54:57 2003] [error] [client 192.168.1.142]
> > [mod_auth_ldap.c] - Warning: bind with DN
> > "cn=nobody,dc=koolraap,dc=unetix,dc=nl" and password (not shown) did not
> > succeed
> >
> > What might be causing this?
>
> Are you aware of the fact that the loginname change to the full email
> address?

Hai,

Yes, but it's about the manager web interface , I'll
worry about the users later, I can't login in the
management webinterface , because of the
above error.
I upgraded by stopping the kolab server,
build the latest kolab , and starting the kolab server
again with the new rc script. (So it installed over
the old kolab-beta2.1 which ran quite good by the way)
I tried a fresh install on another machine and that
gave no problem , but the upgrade install won't let
me in. (See above error from the apache log)
I defined my old manager password when the kolab install
script asked for it, so it should be ok, in the kolab.conf it
shows my old password , but ldap doesn't approve, bummer.
It's a test machine so no harm done , but I want to do an upgrade
at a customer site , so I first check the upgrade process
on a test machine, and it doesn't go ok.
Should CN=nobody be CN=manager? for the manager
to log in? The kolab.conf looks like this:
base_dn : dc=koolraap,dc=unetix,dc=nl
bind_dn : cn=manager,dc=koolraap,dc=unetix,dc=nl
bind_pw : 12345
ldap_uri : ldap://127.0.0.1:389
php_dn : cn=nobody,dc=koolraap,dc=unetix,dc=nl
php_pw : 7Hm.p5b25W7as

clearly states for bind_dn cn=manager, not cn=nobody
and I try to log in as manager, not nobody , so why does
apache say it's nobody, I'm not a nobody, I'm the manager ;-)
TIA
Wim Bakker

This e-mail was scanned by RAV Antivirus!