[Kroupware] Kolab Server 1.0

Wim Bakker wim at unetix.nl
Thu Jul 3 14:34:13 CEST 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 22:13, Martin Konold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are rather close to releasing Kolab Server 1.0.
>
> Basically we want everyone possible to check if the current version in CVS
> works for you. We encourage you to provide feedback.
>
> Please note two important changes.
>
> 1. For 1.0 we dropped monit due to instabilities of monit. An unreliable
> monitor is not what we need for 1.0
>
> 2. The UID is not user visible anymore. Instead the globally unique email
> address is used everywhere instead of the UID. Please expect the
> requirement to update some login dialogs in order to reflect this change.

Hello,

Question,
I have currently a working kolab server from kolab-beta2.1, how do I upgrade
without breaking my current configuration and user settings?
Will the rpm prevent from overwriting the current config files?
Or are there so many things changed that it is unlikely to work?

TIA

Wim Bakker

This e-mail was scanned by RAV Antivirus!