[Kroupware] How to handle large distribution lists

Kim Lester kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:00:35 +1100

Systems like M$ exchange seem very poor at handling mail sent to large numbers
of recipients within a "mail domain" - eg within a company.
Exchange appears to explode the email into individual messages, which can behorrendous
as formal notesare often largedocuments maybe with graphics (never one-line URLs)

How does Kolab seek to address this problem. My simplistic solution is "symlinks"
so those who want to download the message can (and no doubt get an individual copy)
but at least it doesn't blow out on the server.

As an alternative, maybe mass posts should be forced to use an automagic web based
"notice board" concept where the email is automatically placed on a web accessible
noticeboard and a onel line URL is emailed instead.

Regardless I believe some solution to this issue is required.

Comments ?

Kim Lester,
Senior Engineer,
Datafusion and Visualisation Systems