[Kroupware] Problems compiling gcc

Carlos A. Rega kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:38:31 +0000

On Friday 24 Jan 2003 10:02, Tassilo Erlewein wrote:

> the string "kol" is related to the uid you choose with the --user parameter
I used the same command line suggested in the webpage, user and group kolab,
but with prefix /home/kolab, instead of kolab, I presume that shouldn't be a
problem, then.

The thing is, I understand the compiler is compiled with the system compiler
for the first time, that would be stage1, and then it tries to compile
itself, stage2 I presume, so the problem might arise from icomptabilities
between the headers of the redhat instalation of gcc and the version of gcc
used in kolab, does that make any sense?, the gcc in my red hat is:

[carlos@caacaa carlos]$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
--disable-checking --host=i386-redhat-linux --with-system-zlib
--enable-__cxa_atexit
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

with glibc-2.2.93-5

I am trying with a clean install from the beginning, and I'll try compiling
everything except gcc, to see if that works.

Thanks for your help

Carlos