[Kroupware] Re: Sharing of Calanders

Marc Mutz kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:03:25 +0100

--Boundary-02=_KtgG+0DXSPXwxkt

On Monday 06 January 2003 21:09, ralph escherich wrote:
<snip>
> If you guys want to, then I could compile a little feature list and
> you can decide what you
> want to support or not.
<snip>

It's not the question whether or not we _want_ to support additional=20
features. Of course we we'd like to. But we're paid by the BSI to=20
implement a fixed set of features (those in their requirements catalog)=20
and we can't afford to do much more than that, given that we should=20
have this ready better yesterday than tomorrow ;-)

But of course this is a Free Software project, so when the Kroupware=20
project has finished[1], everyone is free to add whatever he likes to=20
the Kolab server and it's KDE clients. Indeed, it is hoped that this=20
will be the case so that the result of the project will thrive w/o the=20
need for permanent contracted development by the project companies=20
(though - speaking as a KDE project member now - that would be very=20
much welcome of course :-)

Marc

[1] Of course, you are free to do that already, but you might want to=20
start from a known-stable platform, ie. one that was released as such=20
;-)

=2D-=20
If you read this Mail while moving in traffic, you could hit
lantern stakes or end up knocked over by trucks.
                       -- freely adapted from iX 11/2002 editorial