[Kroupware] Fwd: My Two Cents Worth

Henning Holtschneider kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 14:44:30 +0100

--On Samstag, 4. Januar 2003 15:20 +0200 Eli Wapniarski <eli@newmail.net>
wrote:

> Server management, I was not able to successfully delete shared folders
> from the WEB interface.

I've reported this to the list before but I did not get any reply from the
developers. I suppose they are currently focusing on getting the KDE client
to work properly.

The admin interface (web) will display that the folder has been deleted but
it doesn't disappear. The kolab process syslogs:

Dec 30 16:40:24 debian kolab[17892]: could not reset acl to delete imap
user.Kalender
Dec 30 16:40:24 debian kolab[17892]: could not delete imap folder
user.Kalender
Dec 30 16:40:24 debian kolab[17892]: could not reset acl to delete imap
user.sharedtest
Dec 30 16:40:24 debian kolab[17892]: could not delete imap folder
user.sharedtest
Dec 30 16:40:24 debian kolab[17892]: could not reset acl to delete imap
user.shared1
Dec 30 16:40:24 debian kolab[17892]: could not delete imap folder
user.shared1

I haven't had the time to take a closer look at that problem yet. The
internals of the Kolab server are mostly undocumented at this time so
looking for problems is quite time-consuming for an "outsider" like me.

> After checking that a new user should appear in
> the address book, the user info did not appear in the address book.

I think this is a bug, too. The user will not be visible in the address
book unless you check the checkbox when you add the user.

> Making the server run in its own environment was simply great. It keeps
> the system that its built on relatively safe. It would be a really good
> idea to have the kolab client do the same. And it might be a good idea
> (if possible) to have that environment be built on the lastest "official"
> release of KDE. So that anyone like me, would have the opportunity to
> build the system on a base system.

The kroupware branch will be merged with the official KDE development this
month.

hh