[Kroupware] Problems installing kolab on RH8

kroupware@mail.kde.org kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:09:36 +0100

Hello all,

I'm pretty fresh on the lists, but I have searched the archives for any=

answers to my problem. Without luck :-/

I got the latest beta (2.1) from master.kde.org a couple of days ago.
This is my second attempt at installing this software, and I keep getti=
ng
the same error.

The installation process as outlined in the QIM is pretty much on track=
,
except for a couple of package dependencies that are mixed up (openssl =
must
be installed before perl-ssl for instance).

When I install the kolab RPM package, I can't seem to be able to finish=
 the
installation.

KOLAB BOOSTRAP

Generating default configuration:
 base_dn : <removed>
 bind._dn : <removed>
 bind_pw : <removed>
Done modifying /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf

IMPORTANT NOTE:
<snip>

prepare LDAP database...
kill running slapd (if any)
temporarily start slapd under local port 7777

......and here it stops. I can not get the command prompt back without
hitting ctrl-C
a ps reveals that slapd is started with kolab specific startup paramete=
rs.

I also tried to issue the startup command /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.monit star=
but that just gives me this error:
monit: No programs have been specified

System has no slapd, postfix or smtp server installed - but I have the
httpd package for RedHat 8 installed (think it is apache 2.x).
This should not interfere with the kolab installation should it?
I even tried stopping the webserver... same thing happens.

I tried something else too... first i ctrl-C to break the kolab RPM ins=
tall
Then I do a new kolab RPM install, with --force option.
An additional entry is displayed (after temporarily start slapd....)

"no dc=3Dhotel,dc=3D<snipped>, dc=3D<snipped> object found, creating on=
e"

It hangs again.

Repeating the procedure brings up another new entry

"mynetworkinterfaces: 127.0.0.1/8, <myhostsip>/24, 10.10.10.10/24

and that is as far as I get.

Please advise.

Best regards,
=D8rjan Sandland=