[Kroupware] postfix question

Tassilo Erlewein kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:43:42 +0100

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 11:03, Ralph Sikau wrote:

> I should have known this before! Could you please tell me where there
> should be placeholders in main.cf? I think I need to reconstruct them.

- do a slapcat on your kolab server
- learn about the postfix parameters in the kolab object
- the system is:
   postfix_<parameter>    corresponds to     @@@<parameter>@@@
   in the template.

Or look with mc on the kolab rpm and view the main.cf.template.

> Also I still can't manage to have postfix authenticate to the provider's
> smtp host. Which changes have to be done for this?

This is a different requirement. We support authentication for
the clients. For that you will have to refer to the postfix documentation.
I think you will need a special transport table entry for this.
Again: merge it into the according template.

There is a nice postfix book from SuSE press available, maybe
you want to have a look it.

Hope this helps