[Kroupware] FAQ question.

Thomas Zander kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:48:08 +0100

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 02:11:10PM -0800, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 25. Februar 2003 04:35 schrieben Sie:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Hmm, apt-get is not hard.
>
> Wh chose rpm which is not bad either.
>
> > It seems to me that for debian a good packaged dep (which depends on all
> > services you need) and a apt-source line will provide a smooth install
> > without installing 500Mb of stuff I allready have...
>
> Please have a look at ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/server
>
> You will find precompiled packages for Debian stable.

Those are the 48 packages I talked about, and the readme in that dir shows
the 500Mb figure I mentioned above :-)

The difference between dep and rpm (well apt-get and the command rpm
technically..) is that the dependencies are automatically satisfied with
deps; and I don't have to manually download and select packages.  With 48
to choose from and an estimated 50% being installed allready, this is quickly
becoming a significant difference.

Anyway; thanx for answering my (probably annoying :) questions, I'll wait
until this stuff is stable enough to be downloadable via apt-get, or until
its in CVS-HEAD.

--
Thomas Zander