[Kroupware] postfix question

Tassilo Erlewein kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:43:08 +0100

On Friday 21 February 2003 22:21, Wim Bakker wrote:
> Hai,
>
> is it possible to have postfix have
> its activities filtered by an external
> virus scanning tool like RAV antivirus?
> Where I work , we currently use postfix
> together with RAV antivirus scanning
> on both incoming and outgoing mail.
> I plan to have that postfix replaced by
> kolab for testing, but it would be absolutely
> necessary to keep the antivirus scanning intact.
> Don't I break anything when I edit the
> kolab templates for postfix to add that
> virus scanning?

please:
- stop the kolab services while changing the configuration
  templates
- only edit the templates in /kolab/etc/kolab, in your case
  that would be /kolab/etc/kolab/main.cf.template
- be nice and leave our placeholders intact ("@@@something@@@")
  otherwise the webinterface will fall out of-sync, postfix-ly spoken ;-)
- leave the lmtp connection between postfix and cyrus intact
   (master.cf.template)

I haven't done virus filtering with RAV though. My experiences with
amavis and the content_filter switch of postfix are quite positive.
Choose what serves you best.