[Kroupware] smtp authentication problem

Wim Bakker kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:00:11 +0000

On Thursday 20 February 2003 22:27, konold@erfrakon.de wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Wim Bakker wrote:
>
> Him
>
> > The server doesn't require authentication for sending,
> > disable that setting in kmail. Thanx
>
> In general kolab knows smtp and smtps. The idea of smtps is securing the
> transport and authentification on one hand and on the other hand allow for
> relaying without creating an open relay for spammers.

I made a full install of kolab at home , where I have a
adsl connection. When sending mail using smtp server
of my provider I have to authenticate , but when I use
my kolab server , I don't , allthough my default mail account
is the email account with my provider, the kolab server
relays the mail to the smtp server of my provider. Works excellent
as a test install, but how is this secure?

Wim