[Kroupware] KDE Kolab Client Beta 4

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:32:44 +0100

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 15:21, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 February 2003 00:12, Joel Stucki wrote:
> > I just finished compiling the beta 4 version of the client. Wow it
> > took forever. Unfortunately it also did not work. The programs run
> > but I am missing most of the menu. I am sure it is simply a matter of
> > a path set incorrectly or something. The documentation on the client
> > is much further behind than the server. Could someone tell me:
> > 1. What each of the three packages are for.
>
> In order to bring Kolab Client functionality into stable
> version of KDE we had to do changes in several parts
> of kde. They all work together, but your have to replace
> the orignal KDE binaries for the patched versions.
>
> kdenetwork contains KMail
> kdepim contains KOrganizer, KAddressbook
>
> > 2. Is their any particular order they should be built in or any
> > switches that are needed.
>
> The build order as on the webpage.
> kndenetwork before kdepim

No, that's not necessary. You can do it in whatever order you want.

> > 3. Any step by step install on a Suse 8.1 or Redhat system would be
> > greatly helpful.
> >
> > Currently I am using SuSE 8.1 and I used the rpm update for kde 3.1
> > downloaded from kde.org. I then compiled the packages from source and
> > did a make install which put them in the /usr/local/kde directory
> > while kde 3.1 is in the /opt/kde3 directory. Should I use
> > --prefix=3D/opt/kde3 when building?

Yes, but you should uninstall the kdepim and kdenetwork rpms first.

I have a KDE compiled from source here. I do this:

=2E/configure --prefix=3D/wherever && make && make install

Do this with arts, kdelibs, kdebase, kdenetwork and kdepim. arts must be=20
compiled first, kdelibs second. After that it doesn't matter.

My actual configure line is:

=2E/configure --prefix=3D/usr/local/kde-3.1 --with-qt-dir=3D/usr/local/qt=20
=2D --enable-debug=3Dfull

Bo.

=2D --=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark