[Kroupware] postfix-error when starting kolab

Tassilo Erlewein kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:29:39 +0100

It appears that you have built the kolab packages from
source. Postfix obviously was linked to a dynamic sasl2 library
=2D maybe of the underlying system (?).

During runtime, the postfix binaries can't load libsasl2.
What does "ldconfig -v | grep sasl" say ?
What is in your /kolab/lib directory ?

It could be you didn't build and install sasl _before_ postfix.
It is important that you build and install the kolab packages
in the order mentioned in the QIM:

openldap
sasl=20
(rest)

note that imapd will not install without postfix
and kolab depends on all other packages.

On Monday 10 February 2003 13:43, Kai Denkewitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when starting the kolab server I get the error:
> "
> /kolab/sbin/apachectl start: httpd started
> Starting monit daemon
> Starting httpd at [localhost:2812]
> /kolab/sbin/postmap: error while loading shared libraries: libsasl2.so.2:
> /kolab/sbin/postfix: error while loading shared libraries: libsasl2.so.2:
> /kolab/etc/rc:WARNING: script `/kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.postfix:start' returned
> non-null (0) return code
> doppelherz:~# Login failed: generic failure at
> /kolab/lib/perl/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 114
> could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab
> line 428.
> "
>
> Do you have a suggestion?
> BTW how can I enter the administration interface from a remote computer
> ("Starting httpd at [localhost:2812]").
>
> Thanks a lot for helping an old man :-)
>

> Dipl.-Ing. Kai Denkewitz
> Martens & Prahl EDV

=2D-=20
Dipl.-Ing. Tassilo Erlewein

Nobelstra=DFe 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0160 4442541
fax: 0711 7357730
email: tassilo.erlewein@erfrakon.de