[Kroupware] Apache wont start

Andreas Hildebrandt kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 15:54:41 +0100

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:17:31 +0100
  Michael Polivanov <> wrote:
>i have installed kolab today, but i had problem during
>startup:
>- executed rc.monit as root
>- all services up, but apache not
>- executed rc.apache
>- got follow:
>
>xata:~/tmp/kolab-1.0beta2.1-src#
>/kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.apache start
>Syntax error on line 12 of /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf:
>Invalid command 'SSLVerifyClient', perhaps mis-spelled or
>defined by a module
>not included in the server configuration
>/kolab/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>/kolab/etc/rc:WARNING: script
>`/kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.apache:start' returned
>non-null (0) return code

I had the same problem when I compiled apache by just
using the rpm spec file. But when you have a closer look
into that file, you will find that for some reason SSL
support is disabled there and is supposed to be explicitly
enabled as an option to rpm on the commandline (maybe this
should be put into the QIM?).

If you want to make sure you are not missing any important
apache modules, you might try using the Makefile for
apache provided by the kroupware guys. In the version I
checked out from CVS I found it in the apache subdiretory.

I hope this helps,

   Andreas Hildebrandt