[Kroupware] my univ and kolab.

Amit Upadhyay kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:46:21 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

My university [student voulanteers] are trying to implement some group
aware callandering/scheduling thing. I feel making it kolab aware would be
good thing. The things we are looking for is: curses interface, web
interface, and possibly windows client. Can any of the developers give me
an overview of what exactly is involved?

I have read the whitepaper 1.1. But it contains lines like: "In
consequence, vCards received as email attachments can be easily added to a
users contacts repository". Which is telling what can be done by existing
kolab clients [kde kolab client and OL plugin] [and hence it is not an
architecture paper, rather a feature introduction or something, almost
completely useless for programmers]. I need information about how do i
write php page to retrive the stored notes or addressbook for the users
for example.

I have a fundamental confusion is everything is stored on IMAP servers as
mails in some special folder, and we got to access them? If so, what is
the folder structure?

Getting notes/appointment request from other users as email attachments,
and then trying to do something to update our pim database somehow. What
exactly are the steps involved in it? I parse the mail of users and see if
there is any useful attachment, prompt user what to do, and then update
the pim database.

Another question, I have kde3.1, is it kolab complient? Or do i need to
cvs -co kde-pim -r kreoupware_branch or something?

I like the concept, but am yet to try it, tell me how diffcult, system
critical would be to host Kolab server on my pentium3, 700MHz, 128Mb ram
PC with mandrake9 on it?

--
Amit Upadhyay
Senior Undergraduate Student