[Kroupware] Debian woody packages and roadmap

Javier Viñuales Gutiérrez kroupware@mail.kde.org
07 Feb 2003 13:10:00 +0100

El jue, 06-02-2003 a las 18:42, Bernhard Reiter escribió:
> > El mié, 05-02-2003 a las 17:03, Tassilo Erlewein escribió:
> > > Yes you can. We will provide binary openpkg and kolab packages
> > > for debian 3.0 the next days.
>
> Note that we are talking about packages for the Kolab Server here.

Ok.
I'd copied the files from de kolabrepository with CVS and I'd also
downloaded the src.rpm packages from master.kde.org in this way:

vigu@yaco:~/DATOS/CVS/kde$ du --max-depth=1 kolabrepository/
388     kolabrepository/apache
28      kolabrepository/doc
68      kolabrepository/imapd
936     kolabrepository/kolab
40      kolabrepository/monit
36      kolabrepository/openldap
68      kolabrepository/postfix
52      kolabrepository/proftpd
48      kolabrepository/sasl
184008  kolabrepository/kolab-current
185676  kolabrepository/

Is it necesary work on /kolab dir?, I don't like to make directories in
the root of the tree.

Where are the source of the pieces of software in clear .gz files?, I
don't see nothing in the CVS repository and I don't understand QIM, why
is part at master.kde.org (105Mb in the src tree) like src.rpm packages
and 2Mb in CVS at intevation.de like Makefiles working against .specs
files?.

I usually build Debian packages to get into the distribution from tar.gz
files and some patches for other software that depends on, configuration
and init.d files. Is it necesary work against src.rpm files?, I think
all could be easier if all the files, src, conf, and other files of
kolab, apache and the patches needed for it and for all of software, etc
would be into the CVS repository (with diferent modules).

It's impossible to get kolab server into Debian with the current
structure because it's necesary to separate the kolab source, its
dependencies (apache, binutils, perl as so on), the dependencies'
patches in different CVS modules, directories or what you want.

For example, I cannot build a new apache package from
kolab-current/src/apache-1.3.27-20030125.src.rpm and get into
master.debian.org, the correct way is make a patch aganist the Debian's
apache package and send it to the apache team of Debian. It's possible
maintain a non-official apache package called apache-kolab with the
package applied but this is a provisional way to do it, anyway this is a
common to do it until the patches are in the official Debian package.
You take a look at http://kitenet.net/~joey/debian/unstable/, where you
can find unofficial Joey Hess's bleeding edge package repository, he's a
Debian developer and this is his provisional bridge to get this packages
into Debian, the goal of this is the people can use it and report bugs.

> Tassilo answered your question for  the server.
> For the KDE Kolab Client packages, talk to Ralf Nolden <ralf.nolden@creda=
tiv.de>

Ok.
Thank you.