[Kroupware] Kroupware Project aims

Andre Pietsch kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:54:36 +0100

Bernhard,

thx for the info!

Regards,
Andre Pietsch, SCAI GmbH, Germany

- -----Original Message-----
From: Bernhard Reiter [mailto:bernhard@intevation.de]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 7:34 PM
To: kroupware@mail.kde.org
Subject: [Kroupware] Kroupware Project aims

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 12:13, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 February 2003 11:42, Andre Pietsch wrote:

> The kroupware contract was won by a consortium of three companies:
> Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult AB is responsible for the client; Erfrakon =
is
> responsible for the server; and Intevation is responsible for
> coordination. These three companies together is "the kroupware team".
>
> > Is there a central project leader checking that both frontend and
> > server are heading the same direction or is this simply granted by
> > using open standards?

As Bo wrote above Intevation does the project management.=20
I'm the project coordinator, my backup is Jan-Oliver Wagner.
Naturally isn't we manage the project in a way that everything fits =
together technically.=20

> There isn't really a project leader here.=20

Bo is right in the sence that I'm not the technical leader like many =
Free Software project have.
Our developers (like Bo or Tassilo) are experts and know about the =
detailed design
and implementation. My role as coordinatior is to moderate the =
participating experts.

> > Is there already someone roadmapping v2.0?=20

The Kroupware project itself is about the contract.
We hope to finish it as soon as we can. :)

But as Bo already pointed out the Free Software compoments
we created and improved will live on, that will be the Kolab Server
and the Kolab Client capabilities of KDE, namely KMail, KOrganizer and =
Kontact.

Naturally when we do not have a contract to actively work on these
Free Software projects we have to limit the time we do work on them.
(We would love to work a lot on it, but we are a commercial entity and=20
basically need to get payed for it.)
We are open and looking to getting more contracts to work on the =
software.