[Kroupware] Kroupware replacing Exchange

Ivaylo Toshev kroupware@mail.kde.org
05 Feb 2003 14:21:08 +0200

На ср, 2003-02-05 в 14:07, Bo Thorsen записа:
> On Wednesday 05 February 2003 12:22, Ivaylo Toshev wrote:
> > На ср, 2003-02-05 в 12:00, Tassilo Erlewein записа:
> > > The KDE client AFAIK does not yet support IMAP shared folders.
> > > Support for shared folders is not part of the existing contract.

> You misunderstand us here. What we're saying is that you can access shared
> folders like any other IMAP folders. But they won't look like the shared
> folders in Outlook.

That's OK !
> > support them and cannot write contacts,calendars and tasks on IMAP
> > server but just locally on hard-disk
> True. This is what we have been saying all along. The client won't have
> this capability in 1.0, and we know this is a thing that needs
> improvement.
>
> I think Evolution is a fine client, and it's my hope that the developers
> of it will adapt it to work with Kolab, so we can have more applications
> to choose from.

Agree ;-)
> > Of course, that's the point of both applications. But as I said, shared
> folders is one of the next steps. And now we even have the foundation to
> make it possible.

Great ! ;-)
> about client machine stability - this is also something companies value
> highly. Third, the ability to use IMAP as the storage makes it incredibly
> simple to prepare my laptop for going on trips - just sync the mails.

Agree, i just wanted to point user functionality !
>Groupware Solution,
> people start thinking of a myriad of features they all claim are
> completely basic in any groupware app. From the beginning we laid out a
> feature list, and anyone who bothered to read that list knew exactly what
> we were going to do.
I read it, and because i just saw that "Shared Folder will not be
implemented" i just decide that they will completely not be used by
client, now i know that i misunderstand , as you mentioned above.
> I too have a long list of things I want to have - shared folders now being
> one of them. But I also have to put out a stable client, and I will *not*
> sacrifice stability over features for 1.0. Even if it will be stable
> around beta 7 :-) (I'm actually confident that we can get it stable by
> beta 6.)

Agree!
;-)