[Kde-pim] Re: [Kroupware] Attendee update situations

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:57:12 +0100

On Monday 03 February 2003 14:44, Guenter Schwann wrote:
> On Monday 03 February 2003 14:18, Bo Thorsen wrote:

> > > Works fine _now_? Do you mean there was something wrong?
> >
> > It was disabled and unimplemented in the kroupware code. If there is
> > somewhere in korganizer where this is also done, you should point me
> > to it. (Yes, I still feel like a newbie korganizer coder :)
>
> I'm not sure anymore what you mean.  Do you mean that korganizer
> automaticly send messages, as soon as a group event/todo is changed? If
> yes, then you are right, that this wasn't implemented.

That's exactly what I'm working on right now. The last problem I'm down to=
=20
is to make the receiving of such a mail do stuff to the organizers task=20
list.

> > > When does a attendee send something other than an answer to the
> > > organizer, or a "refresh"?
> >
> > I'm asking what should be sent, when the attendee sets the completed,
> > or something like that. Is it a REFRESH? Or is it a COUNTER? I'm not
> > sure about todos - had it been a meeting, then COUNTER was definately
> > it.
>
> RFC 2446 - 3.4.3 REPLY:
>  The "REPLY" method in a "VTODO" calendar component is used to respond
>  (e.g., accept or decline) to a request or to reply to a delegation
>  request. It is also used by an "Attendee" to update their completion
>  status.
>
> Any questions? ;-)

Thanks a lot! That's exactly the info I was looking for. Now I'll just=20
need to modify the vPartToHTML in KMail to make sure this is something=20
the organizer can see.

> > /me should spend more time reading RFCs :-(
>
> Don't worry - I'm your RFC-reader-dude ;-)

Now *that's* what I like to hear ;-)

Bo.

=2D-=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark