[Kroupware] Kmail/kroupware questions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 16 12:06:20 CET 2003

On Monday 01 December 2003 15:17, Martin Eckl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started to implement a Kolab server with kroupware clients, and most
> things seem to work good, but I still have some questions (Server is
> running on a Redhat 9.0, Clients are Redhat 9.0 and Slackware 9.0)
>
> 1. When using disconnected IMAP, the status information of a message (new,
> unread,  replied etc.) is deleted after a "Check Mail". Does anybody have
> the same problem?

Yes, known bug, no solution yet.
http://intevation.de/roundup/kroupware/issue320

> 2. I want to use KOrganizer on my Zaurus and sync it with Kolab. The
> KOrganizer can read an exported iCal file. Is there a way to sync the
> KOrganzer and Kolab? Or is there another way to sync a Zaurus and Kolab?
>
> Of course, I know how to copy the iCal file from and to the Zaurus, and I
> also know the "Merge Calender" menu item in KMail, but this does not sync
> the calenders.

A good question.
I'd say it comes down to you using two KOrganizers
as the KDE Kolab client also uses KOrganizers, but
saves the information differently.
Kpilot can sync with KDE Kolab's KOrganizer part.
You could ask on kde-pim an see if people have an idea
how to sync two KOrganizers.

> 3. Are there any security patches for Kolab? The current version of the
> Kolab server is from July, and there have been several updates in packages
> used by Kolab since that time (I think, I heard  messages about bugs in
> ssl, for example).

There have been some security releases,
the download places mostly only carry the newest versions
that have been made available, so it is not always easy to see
that there have been improvements.
Note that most security issues are not directly related
to the Kolab server code, but to packages upon which it is build.