Ogo +kolab (was Re: [Kroupware] shared folders question)

Marc Schumann elmanso at fam-schumann.de
Fri Dec 12 12:57:45 CET 2003

> Hi Marc,
>
> > Ok the webclient is not neccessary in my intranet at all, and oGo works
> > together with OpenOffice.
>
> How does oGo work together with OOo? Is there any actual integration?

Ok I guess "work together" is a little bit high spoke, but see:
opengroupware.openoffice and then Project Glow. This is a Java client project
for Opengroupware and i think it's only a question of time till it's real part
of OpenOffice.

I am not married with opengroupware, but what alternatives in case of Document
management do I have at Kolab now or in the next month.If there are some i
clean
opengroupware as early as i can, because the clients ( not the Webclient ) are
really good, and if tey are official part of KDE the Kolab system with clients
would be standart !

I need a kolab client where i can create projects , and where i can link to
adresses. Documents i create have to been created as part of a database, or
File system with links to the projects and adresses.I can explain in detail
if there is interrest ;-)
That's all. But these are the problems little companies like ours have to deal
with.
Either you buy a comlete software eg. Skyrix (new) or applixware but thats a
question of money, or you have a collection of separate programms.

Kolab has the best integration of most things i need at present, but a little
project and document management is not available.

My uncle had programmed for some years a solution for us at MS Access. Not big
and complicated. But i dont want to have MS any more. So I am searching for a
solution at Linux that do the same. But i found only sperate
programms .........

Greetings Marc Schumann