[Kroupware] permissions error creating folders

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Dec 11 13:34:08 CET 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 03:17, Randy Page wrote:
> system is a virgin Fedora box, and I installed kolab from source.  No
> problems there.  Kolab starts, the manager account is working (well I
> can add users anyway).

Good.

>The problem starts when I try to run the kde client.
Which version of the client and libs?

> When I configure the groupware functions I get an error that
> the client is unable to create folders due to a permissions problem.  So
> what permissions and directories do I need to set?

Can you successfully log in the web interface as user?
Note that you need the full  "user.name at kolab.server" as uid.

Another possibility is that when trying to enable the groupware
funcationality. You first add the account and "sync".
Then you have to enable groupware funcationality
using "INBOX" of that disconnect imap account as
top folder for this.