Ogo +kolab (was Re: [Kroupware] shared folders question)

Marc Schumann elmanso at fam-schumann.de
Thu Dec 11 10:07:58 CET 2003

Am Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2003 08:14 schrieb m.stolte at datadevil.demon.nl:
> Quoting Marc Schumann <elmanso at fam-schumann.de>:
> > > why would we use oGo too? I've read the site, but i'm not sure what the
> > > idea is behind using it *and* Kolab..
> >
> > Kolab brings the secure, the prinstalled postfix, ldap, cyrus .....
> >
> > oGo has what kolab is missing at moment:
> > A real webclient where all functions run, a document management, have you
> > had a look on adresses AND Enterprises contacts with links to other
> > adresses, and not to forget the Mailfilters.
> >
> > If Kolab is sometimes as far my choice would be on Kolab (sure), but at
> > the moment oGo works for "me" better.
>
> Hello,
>
> ok, so the webclient, I saw that one indeed. But you don't use 'normal'
> clients, or only for mail and not calendaring?

Ok the webclient is not neccessary in my intranet at all, and oGo works
together with OpenOffice. Right is that i actually can only use Mail from
kolab. But This could change ( see oGo and the subpage Kolab ) if Kolab is
officially Part of KDE. Then Calendaring can be handled by Kolab and not by
PostgerSQL DB.

But thats not the real Problem why i don't use Kolab naturally. My need is a
Document management in an all in one solution. Because i could do normal
filesharing in my intranet with NFS or my Win clients with Samba, but what do
I do with the poeple that need access through Internet ? So I need a
webclient. Kolab hasn't it ( in the form that fits to me ).
 It may be a little bit early, Kolab grows ... thats sure, but I nedd a
solution now, and i found no hint that Kolab brings a document management in
future. If I'm wron please tell me

Greetings Marc Schumann