[Kroupware] Kolab Distribution Lists - Multiple Domains - Multiple Aliases

Christopher Lewis chris at maximlighting.com
Wed Aug 27 14:32:38 CEST 2003

Okay, now that I'm really trying to get this system working, I have a few
questions and a few answers.  I'll ask the questions first:

Question 1)  Does Kolab currently support distribution lists?  For example, if
my manager sends mail to marketing at mydomain.com, each of my marketing people
will get a copy of that message.  How can I allow multiple recipients of a
single e-mail address?

Question 2)  Following up on the multiple recipients question, can the Kolab
administration pages be modified to store multiple e-mail recipients and
multiple aliases?  The same method for multiple recipients could also be used
to add multiple alias support, correct?

Question 3)  Now, to follow up on question 2, does the LDAP schema need to be
modified to allow for this?  Where is all this information stored, anyway?

Question 4)  Since postfix already supports multiple domains and virtual
users, why is multiple domain support such a problem?

Thanks in advance for any tips, suggestions and answers.

Okay, the 2 issues I do have answers for are multiple aliases and multiple
domains.  I am strictly editing configuration files, I have not changed any
web pages yet.  I might be able to work on that later.

Multiple Domains)  In order to receive mail for multiple domains, the template
file $kolab_root/etc/kolab/main.cf.template needs to be modified.  Simply add
your extra domains to the end of the line that begins with mydestination.
Example:
mydestination=@@@postfix-mydestination@@@ domain2.com domain3.com
This allows mail to be accepted for the Kolab domain, as well as domain2.com
and domain3.com.  E-mail addresses and aliases entered for any of these
domains will receive mail.  E-mail seems to be correctly routed from the
local server as well as from external servers.

Multiple Aliases)  This was discussed before, and my information is exactly
the same.  Thanks go out to the original poster, unfortunately I can't find
that post.  Anyway, the file in question is
$kolab_root/etc/kolab/virtual.template.  Simply add your alias mapping to the
end of this file.  Example:
alias at domain.com  user at domain.com
alias at domain2.com  user at domain.com

The second alias example is a reference for multiple domain configurations.

The experts on this list may already know about this information, but I didn't
find it immediately available.  Perhaps this could be written up as a HowTo
for the web site?

Thanks again for all the help I have gotten on this list.  Thanks to the
Kroupware group for all the hard work and for giving us a great product (soon
to be *Really Great*).

--
Christopher Lewis
Systems Administrator