[Kroupware] kroupware client on debian

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Mon Aug 4 16:17:28 CEST 2003

I built and installed the kdenetwork and kdepim tarballs from
www.erfrakon.de. On debian, it is not enough to deinstall kdenetwork and
kdepim packages, since the dependencies remain on the system. So I did
deinstalled all dependencies I found using

apt-cache show kdepim
apt-cache show kdenetwork

with

apt-get remove kaddressbook kalarm kandy karm kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-libs knotes korganizer kpilot ksync
apt-get remove kdenetwork-kfile-plugins kdict kget kgpgcertmanager kit kmail kmailcvt knewsticker knode korn kpf kppp krdc krfb ksirc kxmlrpc libkdenetwork2 libmimelib1

The kde-i18n-de tarball compiled but didn't want to
install:

/usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 fdl-translated.html /usr/local/kde/share/doc/HTML/de/common/fdl-translated.html
merging common and language specific dir

no english docs found in /usr/local/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/common/
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/ranke/progs/kolab/www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/kde-kolab-client-1.0.1/src/kde-i18n-kroupware-de-1.0.1/de/docs/common'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/ranke/progs/kolab/www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/kde-kolab-client-1.0.1/src/kde-i18n-kroupware-de-1.0.1/de/docs/common'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ranke/progs/kolab/www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/kde-kolab-client-1.0.1/src/kde-i18n-kroupware-de-1.0.1/de/docs/common'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ranke/progs/kolab/www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/kde-kolab-client-1.0.1/src/kde-i18n-kroupware-de-1.0.1/de/docs'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ranke/progs/kolab/www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/kde-kolab-client-1.0.1/src/kde-i18n-kroupware-de-1.0.1/de'

Ok, I can just test the English version I figured. So I created a new
user and started /usr/local/kde/bin/kmail. I created a configuration and
at some point it told me in a message box "Could not find
libkorganizer". In kmail, I found no way to send a test-message.

So I thought this would be something to report to this list.

Best regards

Hannes