[Kroupware] Email to task or events

James Mohr jimmo at jimmo.com
Fri Aug 1 23:02:38 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 08:33, Andreas Gungl wrote:

> > > What exactely is created then?
> > > A task or an event?
> >
> > Well, if you copy the message into the tasks, then a task is created. If
> > you copy the message into the calendar, then an event is created.
>
> Sorry, I still don't understand. Given my current response, what should
> happen when you copy it to a task folder? IMO the task content is rather
> useless except when you e.g. define the task as "write an answer to that
> issue".
> What should happen copying it to an event folder? Does ist mean, this was
> the moment when I got that mail?
>
> It's completely different when you talk about messages containing an ical
> or vcard attachment. But they get already handled by the Kroupware client.
> No need to copy them.
>
> So, please try to explain in detail what you're refering to.
>
> Andreas

I use MS-Outlook at work. If I take an email message and drop into into the
task folder, it creates a new task. The topic/subject of this new task is the
same as the email message and the information field (or whatever it is
called) in the task, is the body of the email message. No deadlines or any
other details are set.However, it saves me a lot of trouble when I want to
create a task from an email. The task content is an extremely useful aspect
of the task as it contains details of what needs to get done. Currently, with
Kolab, I have to create a new taks and manually copy everything from the
email.

If I copy an email message to the Calendar in Outlook, I get a popup window
where I can put the date and time, etc.. The information field is the body of
the message. Once again, I don't have to manually copy the information from
the email message. Outlook takes this one step further and allows me to send
an email message from either a task or calendar event. This is true
integration of the various components.

Regards,

jimmo
--
"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your