[Kroupware] combined use

Joshua Schmidlkofer menion at asylumwear.com
Fri Apr 25 23:40:37 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 07:34, Dick Kniep wrote:
> Thanks a lot to you all, this means that I can install Webmin without
> any changes whatsoever, because it uses it's own webbrowser, and so I
> don't need to bother about this at all....
>
> Kind regards,
> Dick Kniep
>
> Op vr 25-04-2003, om 16:34 schreef Maarten Stolte:
> > On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 16:27, Mike wrote:
> > > I can confirm that Webmin has its own web server!
> > >
> > > If it helps I am running Apache on ports 80 and 443 as part of my Kolab test
> > > environment.
> >
> > I'd like to add to the discussion that afaik Kolab doesnt need port 80,
> > but does start it's apache on it.

Since I have seen no one has mention it, I have two ip addresses
assigned to the primary interface of the mail server:

eth0 -  192.168.1.254
eth0:1 - 192.168.1.253

I put the Kolab apache and Kolab FTP on 192.168.1.253, and my regular
FTP on 254 with my intranet website etc.

It was fairly trivial, and it worked great.   Further more, I adjusted
the Kolab apache [253] to redirect people to the squirrel mail on the
main web server [254].  If you go to /admin on the Kolab server, you
still get the admin php stuff, otherwise you get redirected to webmail.
=).

--
VB programmers ask why no one takes them seriously,
it's somewhat akin to a McDonalds manager asking employees