[Kroupware] Kolab inquery

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Apr 14 22:46:30 CEST 2003

Am Montag, 14. April 2003 15:59 schrieb Adriaan Putter:

Hi,

> Outlook got this feature when you have mailed an email message, you can
> go into your sent items folder select the message and select the Recall
> message function where it sends out a email to recall that message and
> delete it in the Receipts Inbox.

No, this is not going to be part of kolab. I consider it definetly a
missfeature of OL.

Basically it does not even make sense with OL because it depends on the
software of the reciepient if this is going to work or not. The semantic is
not clear at all from the senders point of view.

E.g. when the original sender asks for revokation she does not know what is
going to happen? The state of the message already send is totally undefined.

BTW: What happens with OL/Exchange if the recipient modified the message
already?

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de