[Kroupware] Seg Fault during installation

Lutz Badenheuer Lutz.Badenheuer at t-online.de
Mon Apr 14 01:56:50 CEST 2003

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 13. April 2003 10:11 schrieb Stephan Buys:
> On Friday 11 April 2003 20:55, Bill wrote:
> > I'm attempting to install Kolab server on a RH7.3 box (PIII).
> > This is the process I've used so far:
> >
> > 1.  download src rpm's from kolab-current directory
> > 2.  as normal user:  sh ./openpkg-1.2.0-1.2.0.src.sh
> > --prefix=/kolab --user=kolab --group=kolab 2>&1 | tee > kolab.log
> > 3.  installed the resulting binary as root
> > 4.  su - kolab
> > 5.  rpm -ihv *.src.rpm
> > 6.  rpm -bb make.spec
> >
> > I can get this far without hitch.  However, when I su to root and
> > attempt to install the rpm I get a seg fault.  The seg fault
> > result is pretty much immediate, it gives no other info and I
> > didnt find a core file.
>
> What about using strace with the command? This should show you
> where the segfault occurs.
>
> > strace rpm -bb make.spec
>
> You might want to redirect the output to a file and step through
> it. (There will be a lot of information)

Maybe you'd like to execute 'ulimit -c 10000' before you run the
program that has segfaulted in your first attempt. The program will
segfault either, but in that case provide you with a coredump of the
process in a file called 'core'. You can inspect the core file with
gdb; the 'backtrace' command in the debugger will guide you directly
to the point where the program was terminated.

HTH,
Lutz

--
UNIX is user-friendly, but not to those who're ignorant or idiotic.
Lutz Badenheuer     | IT--Consulting, Development, Networksolutions