[Kroupware] Problems with rc1 build on SuSE 8.1

Mike Mike at hurn.ca
Tue Apr 8 09:02:12 CEST 2003

Hi Martin,

I also get the same error with B2.1!

I switched over to building from source as I got some start-up errors when I
installed from the SuSE B2.1 binaries!

As the Postfix issues are only warnings I can live with them, but I would
like some help with the Cyrus IMAP generic failure.

>From my posting on 20030330.

Hi,

I am also having problems with the start up of Kolab.

>> postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/canonical
>> postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf
>> postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf.old
>> postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/master.cf
>> postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/master.cf.old
>> postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/transport.old
>> postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

>Take chown (and eventually chgrp) and switch the UID of Postfix' files
>to root.

I must be missing something, can you please give more details? As I have
tried chown root * etc.
Do I need to change all postfix files to root with a -R option?

>>  - Fatal: LsDefaultOptions: deprecated. Use ListOptions instead

Ok I have this fixed.

Can you help with this?

generic failure at
/kolab/lib/perl/site-perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/Gyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 114
could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab
line 42

Mike.

Michael E Hurn, Mike at Hurn.ca, www.hurn.ca
11036 Swan Crescent, Surrey, British Columbia, V3R 5B6, Canada
Phone:1 604 585 HURN (4876) Cell:1 604 780 HURN (4876)