[Kroupware] start-problems with kolab on SuSE 8.1

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Apr 6 22:55:57 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 13. März 2003 19:18 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> > QIM, the dependencies are not in the right order, Apache should be
> > compiled with make and the makefile and not with rpm -bb apache.spec.

This is already changed for kolab-1.0-rc1.

> > Another thing is gdbm, which can't be compiled without changes in de
> > gdbm.spec or beeing root. Another thing are all the errors during

Due to changes in the underlying OpenPKG structure we now require in general
root priviledges for compiling and installing.

> > I mentioned such things already before, but nobody was really
> > interested in it, so I gave up and didn't posted my reports to the
> > list.
>
> Please keep reporting, we do care
> and contantly improve the QIM.

Please check with the QIM in cvs if there is still some stuff missing.

(patches welcome!)

> > I'm used to use Postfix' virtual and all its options. I think, the
> > possibilities in the webinterface are too limited, I can't set
> > multiple aliases or use usernames including a point (I tried it and it
> > gaves an error).
>
> The username restriction comes from cyrus imapd.
> There are already experimental patches to remove that limitation.
> For stability reasons we did not include them.
>
> Usually working around this with mail aliases is working fine.
> As for email aliases and the webinterface there are many
> possible improvements to the webinterface. This is one that
> is higher on the list.

Having the possibility of adding multiple aliases is a planned feature after
1.0. In general we have sofar not found a very good and flexible solution to
this user interface problem.

Do you like our approach we took for the shared folders? Would that be
acceptable for the multiple aliases?

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de