[Kroupware] free / busy list - ftp

Tobias Bandh kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:15:02 +0200

Tobias Bandh wrote:

> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 01 April 2003 08:22, Tobias Bandh wrote:
>>

>>> at the moment I'm trying to publish my free/busy lists on Kolab. Outlook
>>> seems to work quite corectly. But I can't access the ftp server, so I
>>> captured the tcp-stream of the ftp connection. OL connects to Proftp -
>>> works :)
>>

>> Good.
>>

>>> but then Outlook says PWD / which the ftp server doesn't like (550
>>> Permission denied)
>>>
>>> Did I miss any Option? Maybe in OL? or in the ftpd config file?
>>

>> You probably gave the wrong url for upload, it shold be
>> ftp://freebusy:freebusy@kolabserver/username.vfb
>

> My URLs are:
>
> ftp://freebusy:freebusy@linux-box/bandh.vfb
>

> ftp://freebusy:freebusy@edv-linux/

I changed the following:

URL to put the free/busy list
ftp://freebusy:freebusy@linux-box/t.bandh.vfb

URL to retrieve free/busy Information:

http://freebusy:freebusy@linux-box/%NAME%.vfb

at this point I have tried:
http://linux-box/%NAME%.vfb

But both Options are not working.

The strange thing is: I have one OL2000 which puts it's free/busy -
lists on the server. The other one doesn't.

Both Clients are not able to retrieve free/busy lists. If I try to
receive this Information OL responds whith:

"Beim Lesen der Internet Frei/Gebucht Informationen ist ein Fehler
aufgetreten. Allgemeiner Fehle. Der URL war:
http://freebusy:freebusy@linux-box/freebusy/t.bandh.vfb"

Which means as much as: A Error occured while reading the Free/Busy
Information. Common Error. The URL has been: "http://..."

I tried to receive the Free/Busy lists via Browser. This works fine if I
use:
http://freebusy:freebusy@linux-box/freebusy/t.bandh.vfb"

Regards
--