[Kroupware] LDAP address book schema suggestion

Tobias Koenig kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:02:28 +0200

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 06:47:53AM +0200, Martin Konold wrote:
> On Sunday 29 September 2002 10:11 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Martin,

> > We could also use a 15 character long uid.
>
> Well, basically I want a readable uid for kolab. Cyrus allows for a
> maximum of 255 characters.
>
> I will append a FAQ (the FAQ will soon be available on kroupware.kde.org)
> which might bring some better explanation:
>
> Question: How do we intend to provide multi domain support with kolab
>
> Answer:
> Basically cyrus imapd does not know about multiple domains but only about
> uids.
>
> We assume that email addresses are globally unique and create the uid with
> this algorithm.
>
> Create an email alias according to the firstname.lastname@domain template.
What's about the contacts that have no email address? Which UID will be used
for it?

> Check that the new alias is unique and then create the imapd uid as
>
> hans_mayer2_kde_org
That could clash if you have a hans.mayer2@kde.org and a hans.mayer2.kde@org
(Ok, freaky exapmle, but we should use hans_mayer_at_kde_org instead)

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who