[Kroupware] Re: webmail and unix accounts

Andreas Jellinghaus kroupware@mail.kde.org
29 Sep 2002 21:12:33 +1200

>  But what you mentioned above is the plan, exactly.  Citadel will support the
> interoperability specifications set forth by the Kroupware project.  It will
> also support interoperability with Outlook in whatever way the Kroupware
> project settles upon.

you want to implement that b(i|y)nar(y|y) data wrangling of MAPIPROP
fields, too?

oh well. i thought there was already enough pain in the world.
I'd like to reiterate my proposal: it should be a lot easier to teach
outlook to speak CAL, IMAP, LDAP and SMTP instead.
or at least i see some future with that.

> "So easy to use, even an MCSE can configure it!"
I'd like to add a very bad rant, but that will not make things better.

I'm a MCSE (nt only, 4/7 exams for 2k), and i learned a __lot__ in
getting that certification. I feal like most admins on linux and windows
are totaly clueless when it comes to the other operating systems.
please get a clue of other OS before you start bashing them.

Andreas