[Kroupware] DCOP/Kaplan vs. embedding KOrganizer: Pros and Cons

Karl-Heinz Zimmer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:09:24 +0200

On Friday 27 September 2002 11:01, Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:
> One thing not discussed, is the user prefs...
> I think that users are most used to Outlook than to
> KMail+KO+KAB+KNotes+.... And having all under the hand is better than
> separate things.
> Or am I missing sth?

Yes you are.  ;-)

Actually _both_ ways try to provide users with an integrated look and try
to hide the several programs by embedding them: either embed them into
KMail or embed them into Kaplan.

Another question might be: What 'behaves' similar to Outlook?

Or: What is more difficult to get used to if you have been using Outlook?

This has to be examined carefully...

Cheers
Karl-Heinz
=2D-=20
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>