[Kroupware] Web interface frontend

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:05:34 +0200

On Friday 27 September 2002 05:12 am, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

Hi,

> Exactly; It is doing two things wrong in my opinion:
> 1. it is assuming that the mail spools are accessible to it locally (or=
 via
> NFS)
> 2. it is accessing these spools directly instead of through some kind o=
> server.
>
> Sure it's fast and it works great for qmail and vchkpw, but I would rat=
her
> have the "offical" webmail client 100% IMAP/SMTP/LDAP so that it would =
plug
> in to any server.

Last but not least it is imho a requirement for scalability to be able to=
=20
seperate the web frontend from the machine running the IMAPD.=20

Yours,
--martin
P.S.: reading a mailspool over nfs is _not_ a good idea.

--=20
Germanenstrasse 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de