[Kroupware] Re: Preannounce: Kroupware Project started

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz@kde.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:42:00 +0300

> Erfrakon, Intevation and Klar=D7=94lvdalens Datakonsult AB have won a bid
> to write a Free software groupware server and client for the German
> "Bundesamt f=EF=BF=BDr Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik" (Federal Ag=
ency
> for IT Security, BSI). It aims to work in a heterogenous environment
> and provide email, contacts, appointments and tasks lists.  Server
> components will be OpenLDAP, Cyrus IMAP, Postfix, and more.  The KDE
> client side will be implemented by using and extending KMail,
> KOrganizer and other KDE components.

=46irst - congratulations..

It might be a good time to ask - will there be only KDE client? I know that=
=20
lots of people want to replace MS Exchange server with something alternativ=
e,=20
prefferable - open source, so will there be some way to make MS Outlook wor=
k=20
with your project, same as with MS Exchange?

Thanks,
Hetz