[Kroupware] Kroupware server

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:25:35 +0100

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 10:53 pm, Lukas Smith wrote:

Hi,

> > Services are: OpenLDAP, Cyrus SASLauthd, Cyrus IMAPd, Postfix, Apache=
,
> > and Proftpd.
>
> woha .. that is a pretty long list of dependencies.
> But I guess it is in the spirit of opensource to take the best availabl=
> tools for the job and combine them.

Yes the dependencies are numerious and often they depend on very recent=20
version plus some patches. Basically this is due to the fact that we chos=
e a=20
very clean and consistent design which makes use of advanced features in =
the=20
products listed. In the mid- and longterm this will prove to be the right=
=20
thing[tm].

Regards,
--martin
Germanenstrasse 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de