[Kroupware] Kroupware server

Tassilo Erlewein kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:48:47 +0100

Am Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2002 17:37 schrieb Anant.Kabra@valero.com:

> Will the kroupware server be gui dependant,

The Kolab server components don't require any X / Windowmanager
components on the server machine.=20

> i.e. will I be able to install the server on a machine without a kde
> installation?
> will I be able to compile the server on a machine without the kde
> libs?

absolutely no problem
The main dependencies are more in terms of OpenLDAP, Cyrus SASL,
BerkeleyDB and the like.

Kolab's GUI is a PHP/Webinterface that speaks exclusively to LDAP.
A perl backend keeps the LDAP in sync with the rest of the server compone=
nts.
A watchdog monitors the services which Kolab consists of.
Services are: OpenLDAP, Cyrus SASLauthd, Cyrus IMAPd, Postfix, Apache,
and Proftpd.=20

> Also , I have a debian unstable(+) machine on which I am willing to tes=
> kroupware server. If you are still looking for someone to test, I'm wil=
ling
> to. Just point me to the right places for the software and instructions

debian is fine.
we are preparing the beta release but unfortunately I can not give you=20
an estimate apart from "in the next few days"

Tassilo