[Kroupware] gcc needs bin-utils ?

J.A.J. van Belkum kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:43:00 +0100

Bob Tanner wrote:

>On Tuesday 29 October 2002 03:23 am, J.A.J. van Belkum wrote:
>

>>Hi ya'll,
>>
>>I am trying to install Kroupware, and everyting goes well until I try to
>>rpm -bb gcc.spec..... It stops and asks for binutils..... Is there a way
>>to circumvent thsi problem, or is this something new.  I am building it
>>on a Redhat 7.3 system (AMD).
>>

>You can try rpm --bb --nodeps gcc.spec
>
>That should get around the problem, but you really want to upgrade your
>binutils if you are upgrading gcc

It is asking this inside the kolab directory, so it is looking for
binutils within the kolab structure.... ( I am following the install
instructions..... )

When i do a  " rpm -qa | grep binutils " I get nothing... so it seems
like there are no binutils in the openpkg system.....   On my resident
system I do have the binutils package...