[Kroupware] Too many open files ?

Tassilo Erlewein kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:51:56 +0100

Am Montag, 28. Oktober 2002 20:40 schrieb Ralph Sikau:
>     > check /proc/sys/fs/file-max on your system.
>
> 8192

Hmm 8K is not very much.
E. g. my SuSE 7.3 comes with 52422
Our primary development server (Debian) runs with 26214

I also think with 8K you will sooner or later
experience problems.

kolab consists of  apache, postfix, cyrus imap, proftpd, slapd
all of them hold lots of open file descriptors during runtime.

> 1184.
> Looks like a big reserve. I compiled kernels on that box before without
> any problem.
> Is this a kroupware specific issue?=20

I think building RPM's is not really a special task.
You might try it on another linux system, if possible.
We plan to release binary RPM's for Debian later this week.
Maybe you want to wait for them unless of course you want to
hunt down what's mistaken with the test system.

> I'm not a software developer, so I
> just type in the commands as given in the build howto without really
> knowing what they do. But for the sake of our company I'm eager to get
> kolab running.
>
> Thanks for further help!
>
> Ralph

--=20
Dipl.-Ing. Tassilo Erlewein

Germanenstra=DFe 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0160 4442541
fax: 0160 13 4442541
email: tassilo.erlewein@erfrakon.de