[Kroupware] Kolab Server Beta Test

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:51:20 +0200

On Thursday 24 October 2002 16:28, Martin Konold wrote:
> On Thursday 24 October 2002 01:38 pm, Bradley Woodward wrote:
>
> Hi Bradley,
>
> > I'd be happy to help test the client software.  Do I need to build my=
 own
> > client software, or are some binaries available?  (RH7.3, KDE 3.03).
>
> No, you currently need to either use Outlook or the source from the
> kroupware branch from kde cvs.

You can also grab the latest alpha releases of the client from

ftp://ftp.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se/pub/kroupware/alpha/latest/

I usually release about three new sets every week.

The kroupware specific packages are the kdenetwork and kdepim packages. T=
hese=20
are the ones you need to be able to run the client. The other kde package=
s=20
here are just to have a reference platform for us developers to test on, =
so=20
we are able to reproduce bugs that could come from non kroupware related=20
packages.

I will release a new package set later today, and I would advise to wait =
for=20
this set. I will now also begin to announce the new releases here.

I will send an email to this list to describe how to set up the client, s=
ince=20
this is currently a non trivial task. This will change soon, but for now=20
there are a lot of settings to make.

And last, I must again tell you to use a test user for this. You *will*=20
experience loosing mail on this account, so do not use your normal mail t=
o=20
test this with.

Bo.

--=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark