AW: [Kroupware] Is Kolab Exchange structure compatible

"Müller, Thorsten" kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:17:07 +0200

>On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 18:17, "Müller, Thorsten" wrote:
>> Hello List,
>> is it planned to make the kolab server compatible to M$-Exchange.
>> Will it be possible to integrate a kolab server into an Exchange
>> Organisation/Site.
>> For example via SiteConnector.
>>
>> Is something planned like this?
>
>The current ldap structure of kolab is a new invention and thus
>not compatible with anything (usualy called "proprietory").
>
>I don't know exchange 2000 and newer very well, older exchange
>was basicaly build on X400 and not SMTP, and implementing X400
>lookalike would be a major step back wards.
>
>Thus i suggest not to aim for that.
>
>Andreas

I agree with you.
But if there would be a possibility to conntect existing exchange
structures,
this might help kolab server to find it's place in big companys with
existing structures, who don't really want to through all the exchange
environment away.

Thorsten