[Kroupware] Kaddressbook coupled to IMAP

Cornelius Schumacher kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 00:02:53 +0200

On Monday 14 October 2002 22:15, Matthias Kalle Dalheimer wrote:
> On Monday 14 October 2002 22.15, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Monday 14 October 2002 21:16, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > > You should remove the imapresource from kdepim/kaddressbook
> > > because it doesn't belongs there. With uncomment the line in
> > >  kdelibs/kabc/plugins/Makefile.am
> > > you can easily bring kroupware functionality to libkabc.
> >
> > The whole point of implementing resources as plugins is that it
> > isn't necessary to clutter kdelibs with all kinds of backends. The
> > IMAP resource should go to a place where all the other code for
> > accessing IMAP is, probably in kdenetwork. It doesn't belong to
> > libkabc itself.
>
> Which would of course open the question why there is _any_ plugin in
> kdelibs.

Because the Resource interface isn't part of the public API of libkabc.

Ok, that doesn't leave many options other than putting the plugins into
libkabc at the moment, but my statement was referring to where the
Resource plugins should be in the long term. It doesn't matter much
where the IMAP plugin is in the kroupware branch.