[Kroupware] Kaddressbook coupled to IMAP

Tobias Koenig kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:16:44 +0200

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 07:47:47PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
Hi Bernhard,

> Our KDE Kolab Client page now reflects that you need kaddressbook from the
> kroupware branch for the contacts to be handled over IMAP.
>
> 	here is how to configure KAddressBook for a Kroupware installation:
>
> 	- open the KAddressBook configuration with kcmshell kabc
> 	  (alternatively, go to the KDE Control Center, open
> 	   Advanced/Addressbook.
>
> 	- create a new resource of type 'IMAP'; no other configuration of this
> 	resource is necessary
>
> 	- mark this resource to be the standard resource
I've checked in the code to kdelibs/kabc/plugins/imap (HEAD) as well and
disabled it from compilation (commented out im Makefile.am).
Since we will change the class KABC::Resource in the next days my version
already works with the changed Resource class.

You should remove the imapresource from kdepim/kaddressbook because it
doesn't belongs there. With uncomment the line in
 kdelibs/kabc/plugins/Makefile.am
you can easily bring kroupware functionality to libkabc.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who