[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Karl-Heinz Zimmer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 00:44:10 +0200

--Boundary-02=_7cfq980PUZgylzi

On Monday 14 October 2002 00:38, Michael Brade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 13 October 2002 14:48, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > From RFC 2445:
> >
> >    This memo is based on the earlier work of the vCalendar specification
> >    for the exchange of personal calendaring and scheduling information.
> >    In order to avoid confusion with this referenced work, this memo is
> >    to be known as the iCalendar specification.
>
> Do you or anyone else know what this "v" and "i" actually mean?

Don't know about the vCals but concerning the iCalendar meaning just read
good old RfC2445 - this is its title:

     "Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification"

so iCalendar obviously stands for _I_nternet _Calendar_ing...

Cheers
Karl-Heinz
=2D-=20
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>